By Doyle D. Gilliam, Topical Index of the Bible (Singapore: World Literature Publications, 1978): 43-44. The following outline was reproduced from a PDF version of the author’s book. Bible citations have been adapted to Forthright style.
I. Eternal life according to the purpose of God:
- It is a promise of God, Tt 1.2; 1Jn 2.25.
- It is a gift of God, Rm 6.23; 1Jn 5.11.
- He who hates his life in this world shall keep it unto eternal life, Jn 12.25.
- He who is steadfast in good works shall receive eternal life, Rm 2.6-7.
- The end result of holiness is eternal life, Rm 6.22.
- One who hates his brother has no eternal life, 1Jn 3.15.
- Christians should take hold of eternal life, 1Tm 6.12.
- Some count themselves unworthy of eternal life, Ac 14.36.
II. Eternal life is only through Jesus Christ:
- He gives the water of eternal life, Jn 4.14.
- He is the food of eternal life, Jn 6.27, 54.
- His words are of eternal life, Jn 6.68.
- He gives eternal life, Jn 17.2-3.
- He is life eternal, 1Jn 5.20.
- Eternal life is given to those who trust in Jesus, Jn 3.16; 5.24.
- Those who obey him have eternal life, Hb 5.9.
- Those who consistently hear the words of Christ and follow him have eternal life, Jn 10.27-28.
Latest posts by Forthright Staff (see all)
- David Pharr has died: ‘Tremendous influence for good’ - May 26, 2023
- Good examples of Christ living in us - May 12, 2023
- Eternal life - May 12, 2023