by John E. Werhan
God’s loving grace is the free offering of his plan that leads individuals to salvation. Grace in and of itself is not salvation. It is the coming together of the perfect sacrifice of Jesus and the obedience to the gospel given by our Lord.
Grace is not something that is forced upon anyone nor is it for the select few. God’s grace and plan of salvation is offered to everyone no matter who they are giving each person the opportunity to obediently accept or reject it.
Please consider the following passages:
- Grace is contrasted with the Law of Moses (Romans 6:14; Hebrews 10:4; John 1:17) and the Bible teaches that Paul’s contrast between work and faith is a contrast between works of the Old Covenant and obedient faith under the New Covenant.
- Grace saves (Ephesians 2:5); justifies (Romans 3:24; Titus 3:7).
- Grace cannot be added to (Galatians 5:4).
- Grace teaches (Titus 2:11); can be preached (Ephesians 3:8).
- Grace calls us (2 Timothy 1:9; Galatians 1:15).
- Grace is brought by revelation (1 Peter 1:13).
- Grace and truth came by Jesus Christ (John 1:17)
- Grace is sufficient for us (2 Corinthians 12:9).
God’s plan for individual redemption:
One must hear the gospel/word (Romans 10:17).
- One must hear the gospel/word (Romans 10:17).
- Believe the gospel (Mark 16:15-16).
- Repent of their past sins (Acts 2:38).
- Confess their faith in Christ before men (Matthew 10:32; Romans 10:9-10).
- Be immersed in water into Christ for the remission of those sins (1 Peter 3:21; Romans 6:3-18; John 3:3,5; 1 John 5:6,8; Acts 2:38; Mark 16:16; etc.).
- Live faithfully even to the point of death (Revelation 2:10; Romans 11:17-22; James 5:19-20)
Have you received God’s loving grace through your obedience to his plan of redemption? If not why not!
John preachers for the The Northeast church of Christ in Sentinel, Oklahoma.
Latest posts by J. Randal Matheny (see all)
- The opportunities of life and time, and why we don’t pursue them - 2016-09-05
- Plodding or planing? - 2016-08-29
- Can George be saved? - 2016-08-22