Frequently asked questions of the Forthright Magazine site.
The word Forthright is not only an adjective which means “honest, straightforward,” but also a noun which means “a straight path.” We want to take that path to the Cross of Christ, while speaking in a direct, clear and loving manner.
Who’s behind it?
A group of friends publishes Forthright. Editor Randal Matheny has lived in Brazil since 1984 and works in publishing, evangelism, church planting and leadership training. Assistant Editor Barbara Oliver works with Gospel Opportunity Evangelism in Winona, Miss. The staff writers have come on board at different times over the past several years. Barry Newton was the first, and many others have followed. You can read their bios here.
I want to use an article
To go about getting permission to reprint a Forthright article in an email, web site or print publication, here’s all you need to know on the reprint page.
I wrote an article I’d like to send you
You have an article you’d like to see published in Forthright? Will do you good to read this before contacting us.
What’s your angle?
Hmm, fair enough question, I suppose. Here are a few tidbits.
– It’s all in God’s hands. Make sure you are, too.
– Everything God is, Christ is.
– No salvation is possible outside of obedience to Christ.
– Don’t go beyond what is written in Scripture.
– One Lord, one faith, one baptism.
– Obedience is a key word in our relationship to God.
– Christians, nothing more, nothing less.
– Truth exists, we can all know it, we must know it.
For more of the same, see this page on What We Believe.
How do I change the email address in my subscription?
Unsubscribe the old address, by sending an email from that address to:
Then, subscribe to the new address, using that address, by sending an email to:
Don’t forget to click the link in the confirmation email afterwards.
Do you support … ?
We don’t make many associations nor are we in a position to affirm yeah or nay on many issues, people or institutions. That’s beyond our purview. Individual articles by columnists or editors may deal with some of these, but they do not necessarily reflect the beliefs of the entire staff nor of the editors, nor are they meant to establish any official policy or position for Forthright Magazine.
A perusal of our articles over the last months or years will give one an idea of what we stand for.
Latest posts by J. Randal Matheny (see all)
- The prayer of faith: It’s a done deal - 2018-08-20
- How to overcome negativity, and other sundry thoughts - 2018-08-13
- Is unity still a realistic pursuit? - 2018-07-23