by Steve Preston
If you are a faithful follower of God, then the above question will be asked of you, in one form or another, at some point in your life. The question may be “Why do you go to church?” or “Why do you read your Bible all the time?” They all come down to the same thing, and that is why we, or anyone, should serve Jesus. Any Christian should be able to answer this question. It is, therefore, the aim of this lesson to encourage all Christians in their spiritual life and to list just a few reasons why being a servant of our Lord Jesus Christ will always be the best life.
1. Because Jesus has the power to forgive sins. “… that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins” (Matthew 9:6).
2. Because Jesus will give rest to His laborers. “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).
3. Because serving Jesus is the only way to the Father. “… no man cometh unto the Father but by me” (John 14:6).
4. Because Jesus first loved us. “We love him, because he first loved us” (1 John 4:19).
5. Because all spiritual blessings are in Christ. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ” (Ephesians 1:3).
6. Because with God on our side we cannot be opposed. “If God be for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31).
Certainly these few scriptures do not exhaust all possible verses that could be used to confirm that the Christian life is the best life. They do, however, show that with just a simple reading of the Bible, great encouragement to “live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world” by “… denying ungodliness and worldly lusts” (Titus 2:12) can be found.
by Steve Preston