Here is a list of books available, in formats such as html, MS Word, or pdf, that can be either read or downloaded free online.
Some of the authors are from various religious backgrounds, but their works are of interest from a textual or Biblical standpoint. They are noted with an asterisk (*).
If you have a suggestion for an online book, please email us at forthrightmag
- An Analysis of Certain Features of Discourse in the NT Book of I Corinthians — by Bruce Terry (1993).
- Acts Commentary — by Manly Lupscomb.
- A Brief Commentary on the Book of Mark — by Carl W. Conrad* (2004). [No comments on 16:9-20.]
- Catholicism Against Itself — by O. C. Lambert, vol. I, abridged. (Star Bible, 1963.)
- Evangelism Handbook of NT Christianity — by Phil Sanders (Self-published). In PDF or MSWord format.
- Introducing the Church of Christ — by various authors (Star Bible, 1981).
- Online Textual Commentary on the Greek Gospels — by Wieland Willker* (Jan. 2004). [Deals with textual variations of the four gospels.]
- Resurrection and Exaltation of Jesus Christ, The — by Joel Stephen Williams. (World Literature Publications.)
- Revelation Commentary — by Manly Luscombe. (Self-published.)
- Sermons on the Cross — by Joel Stephen Williams. (World Literature Publications, 1987.)
- Special Hermeneutics for Preachers — by Dr. Phil Sanders. Course material for the Nashville School of Preaching and Biblical Studies. MS and PDF formats available.
- What is Christianity? — by Joel Stephen Williams. (Kerygma Books, 1997.)
- Why I am a Member of the Church of Christ — by Bill Cantrell. Sunday school material, consulted Leroy Brownlow’s book of similar name.
Latest posts by J. Randal Matheny (see all)
- Scripture foils attempts to reduce gospel by calling it ‘exhortation’ - 2017-09-25
- Taking action so that others will believe in our ‘favorable future’ - 2017-08-28
- Holiness is a big deal - 2017-08-21